|Job Title:||Volunteer Ambassador||FLSA Status:||Volunteer Position|
|Reports To Title:||Case Managers||Effective Date:||05/17/16|
Provide assistance for our adult clients arriving and departing the agency via cab service for training and services, familiarize clients with the LHP facility, offer assistance for our clients during lunch time, help clients feel welcome and comfortable in the LHP building.
- In the morning: Assist clients arriving for classes at the agency via yellow cab to safely exit cab, locate entrance doors, and if needed, locate their classroom.
- During lunch: Collect any transportation payment due from clients, and if needed, assist clients with entering and exiting the lunchroom, locating seating and using the vending machines.
- In the afternoon: Assist clients exiting the agency after classes to locate the correct cab for return trip to their homes.
- Maintain timely communication with receptionist regarding any transportation delays or issues with cab service.
- Ensure clients are safe and comfortable while arriving for classes, during the lunch break, and when exiting the agency after classes have concluded.
- Provide sighted-guide for new clients to familiarize them with our building.
- Provide clerical assistance in down time.
- Assisting with morning arrivals: 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Assisting during the lunch break: 11:45 – 12:45
- Assisting with afternoon departures: 2:00 – 3:30
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to provide appropriate assistance to diverse individuals dependent upon needs
- Very good oral communication skills
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Willingness to learn how to interact with persons with vision impairment.
- Able to sit, stand and walk outside in Florida climate for up to 1 ½ hours
- Able to guide clients in and out of agency and to and from classes as well as within the lunch room
- Pass level II background check.