Lighthouse of Pinellas is seeking a high-energy Special Events/Volunteer Coordinator to help advance the Lighthouse of Pinellas mission by supporting the Development, Marketing and Volunteer functions of the Agency. This position reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications, and is specifically responsible for Agency events, volunteer coordination and marketing support.
The Special Events/Volunteer Coordinator must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and a reasonable understanding of donor-centered communications and the passion to work with volunteers of all ages and backgrounds. The Special Events/Volunteer Coordinator must also be able to organize and execute multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines while exuding a positive attitude.
Special Events Coordination:
- Manage the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of all aspects of fundraising events which include pre-event planning and marketing, on-site management, and post-event follow-up.
- Manage event logistics, such as venue, rentals (e.g. A/V, tent) entertainment, vendors, etc.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and acknowledging donors; achieving excellence in customer service.
- Solicit and manage silent and live auctions: solicit donations, create packages, develop minimum bids and create bid sheets, acknowledge and recognize donors, track items, produce needed reports and paperwork, work with a volunteer committee.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteer assistance.
- Work with staff to identify volunteer opportunities within the agency.
- Recruit, develop and nurture a volunteer network of groups and individuals in support of agency events, programs and in-kind needs. Will include, but not limited to recruiting, interviewing, assigning, training, monitoring and recognizing efforts of volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer records in Raiser’s Edge software to include background checks, volunteer hours and other necessary data.
- Develop and implement orientation programs for all volunteers.
- Develop and initiate volunteer recognition programs.
- Assists with day to day marketing tasks and coordinating special projects as appropriate.
- Supporting marketing function by writing content and coordinating production and inventory of collateral materials.
- Representing agency at health fairs and community events and assisting with agency tours.
- In keeping with the LHP brand and agency guidelines, develop and implement external and internal communication and marketing materials for agency related events.
- Work with Director of Marketing & Communications and Program Director to assist with grants and to write and distribute press releases, feature stories and coordinate media opportunities (including social media) to promote agency events.
- Participate in budget development for events and projects as assigned; track expenses and revenue against goals and prepare reports on results; identify trends and make recommendations for the future.
- Provide input and data to assist in preparation of annual development/marketing budget.
- Attend and participate in meetings and task force groups as assigned to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Stay current with new developments in the field and recommend appropriate new developments to supervisor.
- Attend required Agency meetings and trainings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Event Planning, Communications, Project Management or other related field
- 2+ years of events, nonprofit or related experience
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to build and foster relationships with individuals with a variety of ages, backgrounds and experiences through a variety of targeted messages
- Ability to multi-task successfully
- Able to work independently as well as be a team player willing to help wherever is needed
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products; Adobe Creative Suite and/or Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Attitude of continual improvement
- Experience in and aptitude for effectively working with volunteers
- High energy and passion for the LHP mission
- Valid driver’s license
Position is open until filled and begins immediately.
Subject: Special Events/Volunteer Coordinator
- Letter of Interest, including salary requirements
Lighthouse of Pinellas is an Equal Opportunity Employer