The Lighthouse of Pinellas (LHP) is seeking an Occupational Therapist PRN. The successful candidate will provide services on a PRN basis, on- and off-site.
- Evaluate clients referred to the Occupational Therapy Low Vision Services Program and develop individual therapeutic treatment plans based on the client’s needs and goals
- Supervise and provide the Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) with the treatment plan
- Oversee the provision of therapeutic services for clients who are blind or visually impaired to assist them in obtaining their highest level of improvement in activities of daily living, safety, and independence.
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations and functional low vision assessments for clients referred to the Occupational Therapy Low Vision Services Program
- Develop an individual therapeutic treatment plan based on the client’s needs and goals
- Oversee the implementation of the treatment plan by the COTA addressing the following areas: o Independence and safety in activities of daily living
- Instruction in the use of low vision aids and devices including but not limited to magnifiers, filters, and electronic video magnifiers.
- Instruction in eccentric viewing techniques
- Assisting clients in implementing suggestions to maximize safety in the home environment which may include improvement in lighting conditions
- Monitor the client’s progress determining which goals are being met
- Complete all documentation as required by Agency and funding sources to document client progress and goals met.
- Complete statistical information accordingly with Agency requirements
- Stay current with new developments in the field and recommend appropriate new developments to supervisor
- Attend required Agency meetings and trainings
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy.
Licensure or Certification:
- State of Florida Occupational Therapy License
- ACVREP Certification in Low Vision Therapy or Certification in Low Vision from an Accredited University preferred
- Three years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist working with seniors who have experienced vision loss
- Demonstrated Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct comprehensive evaluations and functional low vision assessments
- Ability to provide and oversee effective and individualized therapy for adults and seniors with vision loss
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to use Internet for research
- Lift equipment used in performing job responsibilities
- Pass background checks
- Maintain required certification and/or licensure
- Employee is responsible for timely transportation to and from all community based instruction, training, education, and presentations
- If privately owned motor vehicle is utilized for employment-related travel, the driver must possess a valid Florida driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of the following level of motor vehicle insurance: $100,000 / $300,000 bodily injury, $50,000 property damage, and work purposes endorsement
Submission requirements (in one .pdf document):
- Letter of Interest
- Salary requirement
Email to: email@example.com
Subject: Occupational Therapist PRN
Lighthouse of Pinellas is an Equal Opportunity Employer