The Lighthouse of Pinellas for the Blind and Visually Impaired is seeking a full time Independent Living Case Manager to complete initial client intakes and functional assessments of need for adults who are blind or visually impaired in Pinellas County. The IL Case Manager works with newly referred adult clients, primarily seniors, to determine eligibility for independent living skills training programs, creates a plan of service that addresses each client’s needs and coordinates needed services, classes and training. A Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or a closely related field is required, preferably with a minimum of two years case management experience. Experience working with seniors and/or individuals with disabilities is a plus. Extensive travel within Pinellas County required. Must pass Level II background check and possess good driving record. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com EOE.
Determine eligibility and rehabilitation training needs through a comprehensive assessment and intake conducted in client’s home as well as at the agency. Develop a plan of services to meet clients’ goals for independent living. Coordinate needed services, classes and training. Monitor clients’ progress. Maintain client files. Act as a liaison with the Independent Living Program Counselors at the Division of Blind Services.
- Conduct a comprehensive functional assessment to determine clients’ rehabilitation training needs in home and current level of functioning
- Refer clients to needed community resources
- Apply tactile markings on appliances in clients’ homes and provide instruction
- Develop a plan of service based on client goals
- Arrange for needed classes, training, and services
- Compile and maintain all documentation, records, schedules, progress reports, correspondence and related materials in a central file
- Monitor and document clients’ progress through their rehabilitation program through meetings with client, staffings, progress reports and collaboration with other staff members and the Division of Blind Services
- Serve as the primary liaison and advocate between the Agency, the clients, their families and other agencies
- Complete all reports as required by Agency and funding sources to document client progress, including evaluations, goals, daily and monthly progress
- Complete statistical information accordingly with DBS and Agency requirements
- Schedule client transportation
- Provide information and referrals to callers who inquire about the program and other community services
- Provide community education and awareness through scheduled presentations
- Provide itinerant instruction and/or services as needed
- Attend required Agency meetings and trainings
- Support Agency’s fundraising efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services with a minimum of two years experience
- Two to three years field experience; working with people with disabilities preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to use Internet for research
- Pass background checks
- Employee is responsible for timely transportation to and from all community based instruction, training, education, and presentations.
- If privately owned motor vehicle is utilized for employment-related travel, the drive must possess a valid Florida driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of the following level of motor vehicle insurance: $100,000 / $300,000 bodily injury, $50,000 property damage, and work purposes endorsement.