The Lighthouse of Pinellas is seeking a full-time Business Administration Manager, Non-Profit, working under the direction of the Vice President/Chief Financial Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for all day-to-day business operations and assigned to programs and projects as needed. We are looking for individual that wants to grow with an exciting, not-for-profit organization.
Responsible for day-to-day tasks described below.
Management of organizational documents:
- Ownership of Corporate Documents: Bylaws, Conflict of Interest, Training policies, organizational chart, and Organizational Documents (Secretary of State Filings, 501 C 3 filings/updates, etc.)
- Sales tax filings
- Assist with grant applications/reporting as needed
Business Management & Accounting:
- Manage daily accounting duties and ensure segregation of duties within Accounting Department
- Coordinate Annual Audits with third party CPA firm
- Process Employee Expense Reports
- Manage Bank Account transactions and cash flow
- General Accounting duties
- Oversee Payables / Receivables, create Invoices as needed
- Monthly Budgeting and P&L Reporting
- Facilities and building maintenance oversight as needed
- Manage all Vendor accounts: Rent, Information Technology, Liability Insurance, Phone, Utilities, Health Insurance, etc.
- Biweekly Payroll processing
- Manage Benefits (Medical, 403(b)), Workers Comp Insurance
- Employee Agreements & Processing
- Grants Management: Annual Reports for existing grant/contract Awards
- Development: Assist with Grant Writing, Networking and Relationship Building, volunteer management
- Other Duties: Assist Executive Assistant as needed
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Blackbaud software products preferred
- Experience with learning new systems (Ex: client database, State/Federal reporting systems)
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- EDUCATION: Bachelors Required. Business Administration or non-profit management preferred
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years’ experience in similar position
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports, legal documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; efficiently respond to questions from membership, staff and members of the community; communicate effectively in both written and oral form; and, effectively present information to membership, top management, public group, and/or board of directors
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; exhibit independent judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, procedures and policies
- OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the principles and techniques of grant administration, contract administration and negotiations, community organization, fiscal and organizational management, principles and practices of marketing and public relations
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities; negotiate and administer contracts; work with commercial vendors, government agencies, community groups and other organizations as necessary; communicate effectively in both written and oral forms; exhibit independent judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, procedures and policies
Position is open until filled and begins immediately.
Submission requirements in one .pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Business Administration Manager
- Letter of Interest, including salary requirements
Lighthouse of Pinellas is an Equal Opportunity Employer